Ideally situated in the heart of the French Riviera between Nice and Cannes, only a few minutes from the Nice-Côte d’Azur International Airport, Antibes is a modern and dynamic town that has managed to completely preserve its charm and authenticity.
This wonderful historic city, the only one along the coast to have preserved its walls, attracted many artists thanks to its medieval environment and where the wild Mediterranean vegetation hide glorious villas that are own by the richest and most famous people in the world. In this magical environment, Maupassant, Picasso, Prévert,Nicolas de Staël and Graham Greene, have been inspired and many famous artworks have been created here.
Experience this paradise and take a pause here to discover the secret of Antibes and Picasso’s «Joy of life» …. «joie de vivre»…
- The Picasso Museum in the Grimaldi castle.
- The Archaeology Museum.
- The Fort Carré.
- The Peynet and Cartoon Museum.
- Guided walks in the paths of the famous painters from the 20th and 21st centuries and discover Antibes through their eyes.
- Historic town walks in Antibes.
- Visit Vallauris famous for its pottery.
- Go to a village in the mountains, for example Vence where you will also find a chapel conceived by Matisse an a very old monastery as well as a fantastic view over the mountains, valleys and the Mediterranean sea.
- Biot famous for its glass-blowing.
- Visit Grasse, which has been the Mecca of perfume since the end of the 18th century, and watch the production and also create your own favourite perfume.
- Take the train to Cannes, Monaco, Saint Raphael, Saint Tropez, Marseille or Italy.
- Cannes for the luxury and glamour.
- Attend a festival, the Jazz festival in Juan-les-Pins, the Nice Jazz festival, the Monaco Grand Prix Formula 1, the Antibes Yacht Show in Port Vauban, the Cannes Film Festival, discover the celebrations of the Bastille Day.
- Visit Nice and stroll along the Promenade des Anglais and have a nice lunch in the small beautiful village Villefranche-sur-Mer just a stone’s throw away from Nice.
- Discover the Marché Provençal, a local market for food and vegetables full of life and movement and where focus is on the fresh ingredient.
- Proximity to charming small bays for swimming all the way along Antibes and its environs.
- Walk the smugglers´path along Cap d´Antibes and watch the fantastic flora and landscape along the sea.
- Glass-bottomed boat cruise for a sub-aqua view around Cap d´Antibes.
- Walk in the mountains.
- Visit Opio where olive trees are cultivated on the slopes and olive oil of superior quality is manufactured.
- For families to visit Marineland Antibes.
- Visit plenty of cafés or any of the around 200 restaurants in the close area around Antibes & Juan-les-Pins
- There are all categories of restaurants, everything from Michelin-starred restaurants to having simple rustic well cooked food in any Tabac just like Sven-Bertil Taube did in the film ”A one-way to Antibes”….Moules frites is a classic in Antibes
- Book a guided visit of a vineyard led by the sommelier Sophia Chougui-Eriksson combined with a nice lunch
- We at La Clé work together with a number of restaurants of different categories where we have the possibility to book tables and offer a special dinner visit for our guests
Yacht show in Cannes from the 6th to the 11th of Sept (the biggest yacht fair in the Mediterranean with over 10 000 visitors).
The International Film Festival in Cannes from the 11th to the 22th of May (was created on the initiative of Jean Zay, minister of Education and Fine Arts, who was keen to establish an international cultural event in France. The first edition of the festival took place in Cannes in 1946 even though it was created already in 1939).
The Monaco Grand Prix Formula 1 from the 26nd to the 29th of May (a classic town race with racing cars in Monte Carlo in Monaco. The race has been organized yearly since 1929 with a few exceptions. Monaco Grand Prix was the second round of World Drivers Championship in 1950).
Historic Grand Prix of Monaco from the 13th to the 15th of May (exsists since 1997. It takes place on the same circuit as the Formula 1 grand Prix with the charming old cars that propose a travel back in time.).
The Jazz Festival in Juan-les-Pins from the 14th to the 24th of July (”Jazz à Juan” or the multitude of genres and programmation, but also musicians, to make it possible for beginners to become famous, innovative, icon-classique, classic and modern jazz, the big family of jazz…..no other festival has done more for the recognition of Mestizo music and improvised all over the world).
The Bastille Day celebrations the 14th of July (in France the National day is celebrated with grand pomp and big fireworks and dance and music all night long in streets and squares until the early morning).